Sunday, February 04, 2007

Just another sunset



Sunsets draw photographers like a moth to a flame. Despite this reality I rarely actually try to take a pic of a sunset proper. Usually the time after the sun has set, or indeed just before it rises, is the better time for a more atmospheric picture.
Family and business commitments have meant that my 5D has been firmly in it's bag for a little too long and as I had a little time between coming home from Edinburgh and having to pick up Greg from the bike tracks I thought I would go to my local shoreline and catch the sun going down. This shot was one of the last taken before it disappeared behind the distant mountains and is the least affected by flare . All shots were taken with a 2 stop bracket as I knew that despite using a ND grad filter I would need some layering/hdr work to get anything meaningful.
Should hold me over for a couple of days. ;-)

No comments: